Monday, January 20, 2014

Using Google Presentation as an Interactive Journal

Hello!  Yikes, I didn't realize how long it's been since I posted anything on this blog :0) 

I don't appreciate interactive journals, as I've posted previously.  It feels like a glorified workbook to me.  I don't like the time it takes to tape worksheets into the notebooks, I don't like the fact that pages are falling out, and I don't like stacking them on the table or even worse, hauling the heavy things home to assess and follow up.  The one, and only, thing I like is that it provides a place to record their thinking.

I have a solution that is working like a charm.

Google Presentation! 

The readers and writers in my reading group are using one to respond our read aloud, Fever 1793 by Laura Halse Anderson.  We created a presentation, embedded it our blogs ONCE, then presto, every time they add to their google presentation, it automatically updates on their blog.  No more random book posts cluttering their book blogs also.  It's brilliant!  Upload images, videos, use web 2.0 tools, take pictures of drawings done on paper- without the mirroring problem that you can experience when using photo booth, etc.

Check a few out here:  

No comments:

Post a Comment