Friday, August 22, 2014

Maker Space: Sphero!

I'm new to this whole maker movement concept.  I heard about it during an EdCampHome session via a google hangout. I did a lot of listening.  The idea behind it:  give kids the time and resources to create, invent, and problem solve.  Following EdCampHome, I spent some time learning more about Maker Space from my techie friend Carla after she returned from a DEN conference.  Carla introduced me to the Sphero, a small round robotic orbitz.

Meet George! 


Download the sphero apps and away you go- control it from the app on any iPod Touch, iPad, or iPhone!  My dogs loved it!  Amazingly, it's pretty durable- George took a trip in my dog's mouth and bounced down a couple steps.  I will order the rubber covering after that little excursion. All in all, I'm anxious to learn more, and am even more anxious to watch the kids figure this little dude out.

No comments:

Post a Comment